I've received a few awards since I joined the blogging world, but haven't taken the time to acknowledge and thank the people who gave them to me.
So without further ado ...
My friend, Laura at Life Happens awarded me the Superior Scribbler Award and the Your Blog is Fabulous award ... like a loooooong time ago. As excited as I was to receive them, life got in the way and I didn't do anything with them. Until now.
The rule of this award is to pass it along to five of my favorite bloggers. Hmmm, that is going to prove difficult because I am sure they have probably already received this award since many of them have been blogging a lot longer than me. Plus I only get to pick five?! Not fair! But okay, I'll give it a try …
1. Tiffany at My Journey in Motherhood - I love reading Tiffany's blog. She's got a great husband and a handsome little boy that she writes about often. I just enjoy reading what she has to write. And she posts some yummy-looking recipes often also. She also has a second blog about their attempt to get pregnant again - inCONCEIVEable. While I never had the same problem, I feel led to pray for her in her struggles and victories. Go check her out!
2. Sheri at The Shades of Pink – Sheri and I share a birthday, off by one year. I won’t tell you which is older. *ahem* me *ahem* :) Her writing is real and sometimes raw. She writes about life, which we know isn’t always sunshine and roses. And her love story posts are wonderful.
3. Jenna at Jenna’s Jargon – I found Jenna’s blog through Laura’s blog. She’s got a great sense of humor and a great outlook on life. She’s wife to a rodeo man and mom to two gorgeous chocolate labs. She also takes beautiful pictures! When you stop by her blog, be sure to check out her Project 365 blog too!
4. Kathryn at From the Inside ... Out - I found Kathryn's blog shortly after joining the blog world (she was a Blog of Note for a time) and she continues to keep me entertained almost daily. She was also my second follower and has stuck with me ... thanks, Kathryn! If you just need a good chuckle, head on over. I promise you won't be disappointed!
5. Jenn at The Semi Normal Life of a Wife & Mother of 3 - I'm not sure how Jenn and I found each other's blogs. Maybe during Friend Makin' Mondays? Anyway, we have many things in common (it is almost scary how much!) and have chosen to follow each other. I love making new blog friends!
So thank you to Laura for the Superior Scribbler Award!
And thank you, Laura, also for this award!
The rules for this award are to share 5 things you are obsessed with and then pass this award on to 5 of the most fabulous blogs you read.
I'm not sure I'm "obsessed" with anything, but I'll try ...
1. Blogging. And my computer in general. If you are ever wondering where I am when I'm at home, when I’m not playing with the kids and/or the dog or cooking or cleaning or doing laundry or helping with homework … I'm typically sitting right here in front of my computer. I've really enjoyed blogging and gaining followers (hint, hint). I find it almost therapeutic to sit and write about the good, the bad, and the ugly of my life. Plus it will make journaling in my scrapbooks that much easier when I get around to scrapbooking the pictures I post here. :)
2. Reading. I used to always say, "I really don't have time to read." But when I looked at what I was doing with my time, I realized that I do have time - if I make time. Now, if I'm not playing with my kids or blogging (or any of the other gazillion things I mentioned in #1), I'm probably reading. Janet Evanovich is my all-time favorite author with Nicholas Sparks following at a close second. I'm currently reading Healing Stones by Nancy Rue & Stephen Arterburn. I’m only on chapter six, but so far so good! I also joined the Thomas Nelson Book Review Team (aka BookSneeze) – see the link on the lower right side of my blog page. I’ve only reviewed two books so far with my 3rd on the way in the mail. Reviewing books is harder than I thought it would be! But I’m going to keep trying.
3. Taking pictures and learning more about photography and how my camera works. My friend, Laura, has inspired me to dig deeper into what my camera can do to get better pictures. I've dabbled in photography ever since high school when I had my first camera (a Kodak Disc camera – remember those?), but never really got serious about it. I'm still not "serious" yet, but I'm getting there.
If you've visited my blog at all, you'll notice that I post a lot of pictures. Mostly of my kids. Those are only a very small percentage of what I actually take. Lately Alex has been telling me to stop taking his picture. (He's the one who is home with me all day, so he's my guinea pig, so to speak. Apparently he tires of being "the one"). I, being the youngest of five, have very few pictures of myself when I was a baby/toddler/preschooler. I do not want that to happen to any of my kids. So I snap away, even when they are running the other direction!
I own a Nikon D40 now. My prior camera was a Canon EOS Rebel (film camera), and before that I had a Canon AT1 (ALL manual film camera). Once I had kids, I found it really hard to get a good picture with the AT1 because by the time I set everything and focused, they had moved on and I missed the opportunity. So I bought the autofocus EOS Rebel. A few years later I chose to upgrade from film camera (EOS Rebel) to digital (Casio Exilim), then finally to the D40, although I do still have my little Casio Exilim digital pocket camera. I use that mainly now for capturing videos.
4. Keeping my house neat. Seriously, I'm becoming obsessed with it. I'm not there yet. There is still a lot of decluttering to be done, but I'm making progress. I don't expect my house will ever make the cover of County Living. Not with 3 kids living here. And, quite frankly, I wouldn't want it to. I just want it to be nice for us.
5. Oat Cluster Cheerios Crunch cereal. Really. I love them. And they are like $4.29 for this little dinky box, so I only get them when they are on sale and I have a coupon. And then I stock up like it's Y2K. And I won't share them with my kids. I know that's not being a good role model, but I don't care. They're mine, mine, all mine! :)
So, those are my 5 "obsessions".
I would like to be lazy and pass this award on to the 5 I named above. Because they are all fabulous too!
Next up, Kathryn at From the Inside ... Out awarded me her special award.
Here are her rules [she's a real stickler :)]:
The first thing is that you may/may not put this award on your sidebar....and you may/may not link it back to me. I'm not looking for free publicity here....it's all about the loooooove.
The second thing is that you need to fill in the following blanks. You may do that in my comments on my blog, or in a post on your site....I'm not gonna tell you what to do:
1) My site rocks because: Kathryn said so. :)
2) In my next life, I want to come back as a: well, I don't believe in reincarnation, but if I did, I'd want to be me again ... Because: if I could live my life over again knowing then what I know now, I think I would do a better job the second time around.
3) For me, the best part of blogging is: getting to meet all the fabulous people that I've "met" - that I never would have met if I hadn't started blogging.
Finally, you may pass this award on to three (3) other deserving blogs as a way to continue passing on the loooove.
Because YOU ROCK.
And I (heart) you.
Okay, this is why it has taken me so long to acknowledge these awards. They are a lot of work! Not that I don't appreciate them!
So three more blogs that I love are:
Laura at Life Happens – The reason I started blogging (on Blogger) in the first place is because Laura showed me her blog and how easy and cool it is. Thanks, Laura! By the way, Laura is a real-life friend that I met at the gym. We started talking one day, found out we had things in common, and quickly became friends. So maybe I'm a little biased but I think her blog ROCKS!
Crayon Wrangler at Coloring Outside the Lines – Although I don’t know her real name, I thoroughly enjoy reading her witty writings. Her three little girls, nicknamed The Scribblers, are adorable and give her plenty of great material to write about. She also just became care giver to her aging in-laws – a situation many seem to be finding themselves in lately.
Jeanette at Temporary Insanity – She just makes me smile when I read her musings. She’s very busy with her family and her business - an Etsy shop with some wonderful items available. (No, this is not a paid advertisement). And she still finds time to blog! Amazing!
I have a couple more awards that Jenna at Jenna’s Jargon has awarded me recently, but this post is long enough (sorry!), so I’ll save those for another day. I would like to thank her though – thanks, Jenna! I’ll make it official in a few days! I promise!