Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010


Not one to normally toot my own horn, so please bear with me a moment.  :)

I totally ROCK!!!

I went to the gym this morning ... not really feeling like running ... figuring I would repeat Monday's performance of walk 5 minutes, run 5 minutes, walk 3, run 5, walk 3, run 5 ... instead of the walk 5, run 8, walk 5, run 8 that was scheduled for today (according to the Couch to 5K schedule).  I didn't really think I was ready to run for 8 minutes straight.


When I was almost done with my first 5 minute-run, I felt pretty good.  I thought I'd try another minute.  Still feeling pretty good.  I'll try another minute.  Still good.  So I ended up running the 8 minutes!!!

Then after switching treadmills so I could be beside my friend, Lisa, who met me at the gym today (Laura was riding the stationery bike, in case you were wondering), I walked the 5 then ran the last 8 minutes!  And she ran with me!

How cool is that?!  I totally didn't think I could do it!  Until I was actually doing it!

The only downside to this running thing ... other than my aching calves ... is that I am wore out when I get home.  I feel like I need to take an afternoon nap, like I felt way back when I first started exercising.  Plus it didn't help that when I stepped out of my car at home this morning, my neighbor a couple houses down was burning and the smoke was wafting straight towards my house.  It hit me and I immediately got a headache!  Ugh!  (Advil isn't even helping).

Anyway, Friday's agenda is supposed to be the 5 minute warm up walk and then run for 20 minutes.  Straight.  No intervals.  Yoy! 

However, the gym is closed Friday, so I'm not sure what my plan is yet.  I really don't think I'm ready to run the full 20 minutes yet, but I'm willing to try.  I just need to figure out what to do with my young'ns while I run.  A friend offered to keep them for me, so I just need to see if that offer still stands.  And I need to find a good place to run where I won't be plowed over by a car like I would if I ran on my busy road.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That is so awesome!!!!!!! That you did the 8 minutes when you didn't think you would!!! You, go! :) :)