Hello! Welcome to my little piece of the interwebs. I'm glad you stopped by! My page is currently under construction. A work in progress, shall we say. So please excuse the mess. :)

Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment. That way I can return the visit! And if you'd like to grab my blog button, scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Totally Random

We were on our way to the dentist last week for the boys' 6 month check ups/cleanings.  Last year Nicholas had 6 (yes, 6!) cavities in his mouth that needed attention.  Since Alex likes to have what Nick has, he couldn't understand why he didn't have any cavities.  Even though I explained to him that we don't want to have cavities.  They aren't a good thing.  So we're driving in and Alex asks me if he's going to have any catapults in his mouth this time.

Too cute!


Doug and I can't seem to get our planets to align these days.  :)  We were supposed to go out to dinner on May 1 to Shakespeare's Restaurant, a really cool castle about 40 minutes from here.  But he had finished up midnight shift on Friday, April 30 and just felt like crap all weekend.  So we decided not to go this month.  Maybe in June.  {fingers crossed!}

Then tomorrow, since Doug has the day off between daylight and afternoon shifts, we were going to make a trip down to IKEA, which is about an hour away.  (And, of course, stop somewhere for lunch.)  They have some cool-looking bookshelves in their ad that I wanted to check out for my scrapbook room.  They are deep, which would be great for holding 12x12 scrapbooks without them sticking out 4 inches or so.  BUT, Alex has a fever tonight.  100.6 last time I took it, which is really hot for him because his normal temp is about 96 (instead of 98.6).  When his temp is 98.6, he has a fever.  So I'm not expecting him to feel better tomorrow, which means we won't be going to IKEA.  Or to lunch.  Bummer.


I didn't blog anything about Mother's Day because it was pretty much uneventful.  Doug worked daylight then went grocery shopping afterward.  The kids and I went to church in the morning and listened to a really good sermon.  Nick made me a few things in children's church using way too much glitter glue.  Hey, it's the thought, right?

The church gave each mom a potted flower to bring home that I will plant outside when the weather is nicer.  It was really cold and windy but the kids went outside most of the day to play anyway, which left me in the (mostly) quiet house by myself.  I didn't do anything special ... washed dishes, finished cutting out soup labels (finally!), and messed around on the computer.  I read a little of the book The Invisible Woman - When Only God Sees.  It is a pretty good book.

Doug bought me a new TracFone since they were on sale for $10.  He handed it to me and wished me Happy Mother's Day.  He said he would have bought me flowers but the only ones that were left didn't look that great.  Again, it's the thought.  Actually he buys me flowers all the time for no good reason, so I'm not upset about not getting any on Mother's Day when they are more expensive just because it is a holiday.

I called yesterday to have my phone number and minutes transferred from my old phone to my new phone, so I'm without a cell phone now.  The guy said it could take up to 72 hours to complete the transfer.  Yikes!  It is weird not having a phone.  Well, one that works anyway.  Since there are no minutes left on my old phone and the new one isn't activated yet.  So I'm carrying around a fancy clock in my purse.  :)  If I would have known it was going to take 72 hours, I would have waited until Friday to call.


Honey is limping around again!  This time she's favoring her left paw.  What the rip is going on with her?!  Doug stopped at the vet's office on his way home from work today to pick up her anti-inflammatory medicine until one of us can take her in on Friday morning.

I bought her glucosamine chewies last month so she's been eating 4 of those a day, but apparently they haven't kicked in yet.  The vet said they could take up to 3 months to make a difference.  Geez!

I might have to have her tested for Lyme's disease again.  Perhaps we got a false negative last time.  There has to be something that is causing her joints to ache every 4-6 weeks.  She is only 17 months old, so I wouldn't think she's got arthritis.

Any ideas?


Doug worked in Sharon, PA today so they ate lunch at Quaker Steak and Lube.  He called me while he was there and asked me if I wanted him to bring home any wings for supper.  Uh ... YES!  Hello!  So he brought a bucket of 24 ... 12 barbeque and 12 Louisiana Lickers.  They were yummy!  And extremely messy.  I feel like I need a shower now.  :)  The kids loved them too.  Except Alex who didn't eat because he's sick.


Less than 2 weeks until my 5K.  I know I haven't blogged about my running for a while because there really hasn't been much to tell since I completed Couch to 5K.  I'm still trying to run the 3.1 miles three times a week.  Building up stamina, I guess.

I ran yesterday and it was really hard!  My legs ached when I got up in the morning, so I really wasn't looking forward to running.  I told myself I would run a mile and see how I felt, since it usually takes me about 1/2 mile or so to work out the kinks.  So I ran a mile and felt okay, then I just kept talking myself into doing another lap (1/4 mile) and another and another.  Around mile #2 a girl got on the treadmill beside me who had poured on way too much perfume that morning.  Why do people do that?!  I almost quit from not being able to breathe, but I decided that wasn't a good reason and just kept going. 

Eventually I got to 3.1 miles, but it was extremely hard!

If I don't get to run tomorrow, I'll run Thursday morning and then probably again on Saturday.  Next week, I'm not sure yet.  I was reading up on a few websites what is suggested the week before a race.  Most say to run shorter distances and/or jog in between a couple running intervals.  Sounds good to me!

Hopefully sometime this week I can drive down and scope out the route.  I was hoping to do that tomorrow on our way home from IKEA, but ...


Our PALMS Spring Social is this Friday evening.  I'm really looking forward to it.  It is at a local Bed & Breakfast that I've never been to.  My in-laws are coming in to watch the kiddos since Doug will be working afternoon shift.  I might have to go buy myself a new dress/outfit since I haven't gotten anything new that is dressy in a long time.  I did get a 20% off Kohl's coupon in the mail today that is good starting tomorrow.  :)


One last thing ... I promise!  My mom was up this past weekend and she brought the DVD Pride & Prejudice.  The new one with Keira Knightly.  I loved it!  We stayed up until 12:30 Friday night watching it.  She left it here so I could watch it again since her DVD player isn't working.  Now to just find 2 hours and 9 minutes to watch it again!   :)

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I will watch all three of your kids some day so you can go to Shakespears. Let's work that out.

Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite movies!! I have the six hour one if you've never seen it. :)