Hello! And welcome to another Wild & Wonderful Wednesday! First off, let me apologize for not making it around to visit everyone who linked up last week. I can't really blame it on anything other than our new Wii Fit Plus. Or rather, my infatuation with it. It is a great time waster. BUT, I'm burning calories while wasting time so it's all good. :) Anyway, I'll try to do better this week!
My photos this week make me giggle. I bought some party poppers for the kids to use on New Year's Eve. But we didn't get to because Doug went to bed early, not feeling well, and we didn't want to be rude and wake him by making a bunch of noise. So we just set them aside and had some quiet fun instead. Last week the boys must have asked me every. single. day. when we were going to play with them. So Saturday we finally had a chance. I told them I wanted to try to get a photo of them popping. I didn't get the photo I had pictured in my head, but the ones I did get just crack me up.
These are all basically SOOC because they weren't "great" photos and I didn't want to spend a lot of time editing them. Just some sharpening and resizing for the web.
Now, I don't want you to pay attention to the party poppers. I want you to see Alex's face as he's setting them off. Even though his face is out of focus because I was focusing on the poppers, you can still see his expressions.
I was using my 50mm lens and quickly learned that I needed to back up! :) That was a close one! I love that you can see the smoke though.
He was having a little technical difficulty with this one. :)
There we go! But I missed the pop!
His face in these just cracks me up!
Capturing the poppers popping was extremely difficult. I might have to go back to the dollar store and stock up so we can have some fun. And so I can get the photo I was hoping for.
Here's the mess we were left with on the floor afterwards.
As you may have guessed, this was my photo of the day on Saturday.
Now it is your turn! Link up your Wild & Wonderful photos below.
Just a few things first ...
1. Grab my button for your post and link up below (or at least use a text link) so others can find out about Wild & Wonderful Wednesday. (I reserve the right to delete links that don't follow this one simple rule. K? Thanks.).
2. Link up your post URL (or Flickr photo URL), not your blog URL.
3. Photos must be yours please.
4. Try to visit and comment on a few other linker uppers (mine too please! It is just rude to link up and not comment, don'tcha think?). We know how much everyone loves comments!
5. You have until Saturday at midnight to link up!